Courses in M22 - Sustainable Development and Global Quality Management
Besides the three Transversal Management Courses including:
- IIM US172Y - Core Project Management;
- IIM US1730 - Management Information Systems;
- IIM US1735 - Business Ethics
The Major of Sustainable Development and Change Management offers the whole set of following modules:
IIM US172Z : Quality Management Principles
This course intends to provide participants with the basics of a quality process, an understanding of principles, tools and main elements to apply it in their own business environment. The whole proximity business environment is envisioned in a quality perspective.
- Comprehend the evolution of all quality principles and methodologies: from inspection procedures to TQM and Six Sigma;
- Understand the COQ (Cost of Quality) principle;
- Identify Quality measurement and Performance key issues;
- Be introduced to the concept of Integrated Management Systems.
Students are expected to be familiar with the essential principles of Quality Management and how to make it work for business, projects and products. They might have to deepen their general knowledge on management and more precisely on quality management.
- Quality management principles;
- Quality based management;
- Policy and strategy;
- Quality systems;
- Tools for improvement;
- Participative management;
- Mastery of products/ processes /flow;
- Client satisfaction and trade policy.
36 H - 4 ECTS
IIM US173M : Integrated Management Systems
This course describes how organizations can implement a system of quality management, using the ISO 9001 standard as a basis. It reviews the standard's different requirements, processes and techniques for quality management and the benefits for the organization and its customers. It describes quality analysis techniques for products and services and the audit and certification processes for organizations.
- A good understanding of how product and service quality is achieved through an organisation's Quality Management System (QMS), oriented towards achieving compete satisfaction of clients and customers;
- Provide an understanding of how the ISO 9000 standards address quality issues, costs and risks;
- A practical view of how Certification of an organisation's QMS shows compliance to the ISO9001 standard, and the preparation necessary to achieve this;
- Explain how quality audit assesses an organisation's actual practice, including effectiveness of processes, production of documentation, reports and records, corrective and preventive actions and opportunities for improvement;
- Examine how a QMS leads to process improvement and its relationship with other quality improvement models;
- Examine the relationship between the quality management standard ISO9001 and related management standards such as service management (ISO20000), information security (ISO27001) and business continuity (ISO17999).
- Quality Management System;
- ISO 9000, ISO 9001 standards;
- Quality audit assesses;
- Process improvement, with other quality improvement models.;
- Service management (ISO20000), information security (ISO27001) & business continuity (ISO17999).
36 H - 4 ECTS
IIM US173H : Environment Management System
This course will deal with the environmental policies: definition, principles, corporate responsibilities, regulations and processes in order to be aware of the existing regulation and conduct a process of certification.
- to describe all the requirements of ISO 14001 standard;
- to explain methods and tools for building an EMS;
- to present others environmental 14000 standards;
- show how much important is environmental management for all organizations and for sustainable development.
- Principles of environmental policy;
- Industrial environmental mgt interlocutors, with public admin;
- Analysis of environmental analysis and corporate action planning in the product life cycle;
- Environmental analysis: regulation, laws, practices and processes;
- Environmental audit;
- ISO 14001 standard and certification process.
36 H - 4 ECTS
IIM US173G : Strategic Management & Sustainable Development
This course addresses the issue of environment and the consequent principles of sustainable development in a managerial context. It first reviews the evolution of environmental problematic and the consequences and issues /opportunities they draw for the business enterprises. It considers the dynamics of the constraint/opportunities evolution for the firms. It presents some prospective and strategic perspectives developed by different actors for the business enterprises.
- Environmental problematic for today business enterprises;
- Introduction to analysis techniques and prospective methods;
- Analysis of the forms' responsibilities in terms of environmental issues and their role in the economic development;
- Implementation of sustainable development in the social and economic context.
36 H - 4 ECTS
IIM US173K : Legal Instruments, Norms & Treaties
The module intends to familiarize students with recent developments in international sustainable development law, a field emerging at the intersection between international economic, environmental, and social law. It aspires to give them a long-awaited coherent approach which can assist to address conflicts and overlaps between international economic, environmental, and social regimes.
This course intends to provide participants with the basics of an understanding of principles, tools and main elements to apply in their own business environment. More specifically:
- Comprehend the foundations of the legal aspects of sustainable development;
- Provide a more comprehensive approach for understanding conflicts overlaps btw international economic, environmental and social regimes;
- Give reflectivity on a new international architecture of sustainable development governance.
- Sustainable Development Concepts. Policies & Laws;
- Principles of International Laws on Sustainable Development (economic, social, environmental laws);
- International architecture of Sustainable Development governance (trade, natural resources, human rights, poverty, health, biodiversity, climate change, etc).
36 H - 4 ECTS
IIM US173J : Safety, Health & Risk Management
This course intends to provide participants with the basics of safety management process. The topic of Corporate risks and security will be treated in understanding fundamentals of safety and security in different contexts (provisional, operational, crisis). We will examine the relationship between Human factors and accidents specifically to prevent and manage situations of crisis.
- To help students to elaborate an efficient risks management process. In two approaches: Security and safety;
- To show and underline the human Factors and problems, and the possibilities open with system and Human approach. These to ameliorate organizational design and to prevent new accidents;
- To explain how models, tools, and main elements of risk management could create a reliable design for project and organization.
- Operational risk management;
- Project risk management : project risk characterized, project risk qualification;
- Information security management;
- Risk and Crisis Management.
36 H - 4 ECTS
IIM US173L : Prospective towards Sustainable
This module enables you, as future managers, to enhance your personal ability to decide in work organization and thus, affords significant levers for finally improving client satisfaction, employee motivation and corporate good will.
- This course will survey systems and status, which affect the corporate management. It will evaluate ethical fundamentals and principles tied up to the internal and external operating of a firm and address these issues in an individual and organizational perspective.
- It will discuss concept of societal responsibility and provide a critical approach to these concepts applied to management.
- Keys to manage projects;
- Product management for projects;
- Project plan development;
- Project management simulation;
- Project scheduling techniques;
- Time & cost integration techniques;
- Project review techniques.
18 H - 2 ECTS
IIM US173L : Corporate Social Responsability
Forces on companies have dramatically changed over the last 10 years making corporate social responsibility (CSR) raise to board level agenda. This course intends to provide participants with the basics of corporate social responsibility, an understanding of principles, tools and main elements to apply in their own business environment.
- Comprehend the history of corporate social responsibility over the last 20 years;
- Learn how to identify and prioritize CSR issues;
- Develop a CSR plan aligned with corporate strategy;
- Measure financial returns of CSR programs;
- Rive change in a company to implement CSR principles.
- CSR History;
- Changing forces;
- Aligning possible solutions with corporate strategy to maximise competitive advantage;
- Measuring financial returns and performance of CSR activities;
- Embedding CSR within the business culture;
- Norms & wrap up.
36 H - 4 ECTS
Students will apply the learning of their two years study in a real world situation. An internship will complete the Master curriculum and offer an action learning opportunity.
360 H - 12 ECTS
In the same section
- Master in Management
- Program structure MIM
- Specializations of MIM
- Admissions MIM